I've just posted an updated "jobs" system if you want to do
big-scale minimization, especially if you're using a number of cores.

This version supports disjoint sets of jobs, e.g., you can now say:
scripts/jobs 112 125-132 144-151
That means the API has changed, but I think it's for the better.
Also, the log files it produces should be exactly what Norm expects
(if it's not, please let me know so I can fix it).

It's merged into the "develop" branch. A minor complication is that
Norm wants the actual work to be done on an earlier commit
(87bc05d41550).  It's not complicated, git makes that easy,
but only if you know how :-). Below is an example of how to do that with git.

Let me know of any problems. It *seems* to work ;-).

--- David A. Wheeler

# Set up
git clone https://github.com/metamath/set.mm.git # if you don't have it
cd set.mm
git pull # Make sure you have the current version!
# Ensure metamath is up-to-date
scripts/download-metamath
scripts/build-metamath

# check out the version we want to analyze
git checkout 87bc05d4155014c9bc7b8f4f05435347b628b7f0 # go back in time
git checkout -b my_minimization # create a branch name for where you'll work

# Extract the *current* version of the jobs scripts from develop branch
git checkout develop -- scripts/jobs scripts/jobs.makefile

# We're ready! Now plug in your JOB_NUMBERS, e.g.:
# scripts/jobs 112 125-132 144-151
scripts/jobs JOB_NUMBERS

# Wait a while. You can follow progress by running:
tail -c +0 -f metamathjobs/master.log
# You can stop tailing at any time with control-C; that won't stop work.

# You'll eventually have a bunch of files named metamathjobs/jobNUMBER.log
# You send those in.

# When you're all done:
git checkout develop