From: Larry Atkins via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
To: fislerite <fisler...@msn.com>
Cc: meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>; raremeteorites
<raremeteori...@centurylink.net>
Sent: Thu, Dec 29, 2016 3:22 pm
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Another Land Grab In Nevada And Utah!

Ben, List, Ben says "The map of the Gold Butte National Monument that I saw on
line,went from the border of the Lake Mead Recreational Park on the west, to
the Arizona Border on the east and south, and almost to the thehighway near
Mesquite to the north."That encompasses the Nevada side of GB, game over! I
sure am glad I got in there when I did.I think the vast majority of people are
all for protecting archeological sites, dino bones and tracks, etc. I sure am.
However, I've always been a fan of the 'middle of the road' when it comes to
many things, it doesn't always have to be all or nothing. Closing off that much
land makes no sense at all and Adam hit the nail on the head, there's such a
thing as over regulation. And hey Mike, you don't have to make all that land
off limits to stop trailer parks, be serious friend. I spent weeks and weeks in
the Gold Butte area and saw nary a soul. This place has built in protections..
it's remote! The few people I saw didn't even get out of the car let alone
pillage and plunder, and again, like Adam said, if thieves have a mind to
steal, they will, and with impunity because nobody is there to report them
anyway. I'm all for protecting what needs protecting but some of this stuff is
out of hand. If laws are going to be passed like this there should be input
from the people that actually use the land and have an interest in it, and some
common sense should be applied. An example of nonsense rules, I can't collect
pottery chips or worked stone but it's perfectly legal and okay for the cattle
to pulverize it into oblivion. That makes no sense and leads to a lack of
confidence in the officials that make the policies. Or how about not being able
to swim in some of the reservoirs in California because it's a protected water
body, but look over there, it's a herd of 40 cows standing chest deep dropping
poop bombs into the drinking water! Someone needs to explain the logic in these
things if they think it's the right way to manage the land.We all know that
prohibiting the collection of meteorites on federal land is a bad idea. Those
meteorites will never be found by scientists or "officials" and thus will be
lost to science forever. How about some compromise?Sincerely,Larry Atkins IMCA
# 1941Ebay alienrockfarm -----Original Message-----From: Ben Fisler via
Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>To: Larry Atkins
<thetop...@aol.com>Cc: meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>;
raremeteorites <raremeteori...@centurylink.net>Sent: Thu, Dec 29, 2016 2:57
pmSubject: Re: [meteorite-list] Another Land Grab In Nevada And Utah!The map of
the Gold Butte National Monument that I saw on line,went from the border of the
Lake Mead Recreational Park on the west, to the Arizona Border on the east and
south, and almost to the thehighway near Mesquite to the north.
BenSent from my iPhone> On Dec 29, 2016, at 12:38 PM, Larry Atkins via
Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:> > Adam, List,> >
I've not seen the boundary lines for the Gold Butte closure but I think it's
safe to say a large portion of the Nevada side Gold Basin strewn field is now
off limits, how unfortunate.> > > Sincerely,> Larry Atkins>  > IMCA # 1941>
Ebay alienrockfarm>  > > > -----Original Message-----> From: Raremeteorites via
Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>> To: meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>> Sent: Thu, Dec 29, 2016 9:49 am>
Subject: [meteorite-list] Another Land Grab In Nevada And Utah!> > Another 1.65
million acres on top of the record setting 553 million acres, > including the
entire Mohave corridor, has taken out of action by Obama with > no input from
the public whatsoever.> >
http://mynews4.com/news/local/obama-names-gold-butte-nevada-monument-despite-opposition>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/29/obamas-historic-land-grab-553-million-acres-conservation/>
 > This is what meteorite hunters and future generations will be greeted by:> >
http://themeteoritesite.com/adam/Jeep/ClosedNationilizedTrail.jpg> > Note the
logs blocking a once, well used trail!  I wonder how many trees > have to be
cut down in order to "protect" an additional 1.65 million acres.> > People who
have never left urban areas should not make choices about land > they have
Archives at http://www.meteorite-list-archives.com> Meteorite-list mailing
list> Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>