I send them this link.  Doesn't usually help, though.
https://sites.wustl.edu/meteoritesite/items/thud/
From: Meteorite-list <meteorite-list-boun...@meteoritecentral.com> on behalf of
tracy latimer via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 14:28
To: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Subject: [meteorite-list] Not an answer they like

I've been fielding a lot of e-mails this week from someone who is certain that
a meteorite nearly hit their house.  The picture they sent me is of what looks
like a weathered lava bomb that likely washed free of an upslope location and
rolled/fell/bounced into his yard.  They found it the following day after a
"loud thump that shook the house", then picked it up and hosed it off, so don't
have any pictures of it in situ, just a shallow hole with muddy splash marks.
I've told them several times that it doesn't look like a meteorite: vesicles,
not regmaglypts; no fusion crust, nothing that identifies it as a likely
meteorite, but they don't want to hear it.  Anyone who has dealt with a
persistent "meteorite" finder, how did you eventually get them to listen to
reason/experience -- or not?

Best!
Tracy Latimer