Alan Rubin,
       I LOVE the New England Meteoritical Services reference!  Can I borrow
that? 😁

Ben Fisler

On Mar 19, 2021, at 6:19 PM, ALAN RUBIN <aeru...@ucla.edu> wrote:

I examine the specimens (or images of them if they do not send pieces) and then
give them my best guess as to what the sample could be. Some people are
insistent that I am wrong or that I am running some kind of a scam. I usually
continue the conversation for one or two more rounds before I give up. At that
point I sometimes tell them to try New England Meteoritical Services and let
them know that they can examine the specimen for a small fee. If I find out
that these folks have been sending the same sample to more than one researcher,
I immediately stop corresponding with them because it is not fair to overworked
researchers to be bedeviled by more than one meteorwrong provider.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021, 5:06 PM Ben Fisler via Meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com<mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>>
 wrote:
Tracy,
       I usually offer to sell the individual “meteorites just like theirs”,
from hundreds of pounds, to a few tons, very cheaply, since I have a near
endless supply of the exact, same rocks, and that here in Phoenix, they are
commonly used in landscaping.  That is usually the end of it.  Try it.😎

Ben Fisler

On Mar 19, 2021, at 11:27 AM, Anne Black via Meteorite-list
<meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com<mailto:meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>>
 wrote:

I like Randy's response best. And he certainly is the expert.

Thank you Randy, I think I will keep your response and use it next time I am
asked, if you don't mind.

Anne Black
IMPACTIKA.com
impact...@aol.com<mailto:impact...@aol.com>