Eduardo,

Thank you very much for your answer. It tells me what I want is possible,
and gives me ideas of how to pursue it. In my case, I might need to
subclass the Page class to create a Placeholder class (which generates
menus but not clickable menus). It possibly would be code that I'd be able
to contribute to Mezzanine.

Thanks again and best regards,
Peter