On 1/17/07, Joe Andrieu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael McCracken wrote:
> Looking at the examples on citation-examples, I find the
> following frequencies of marking up a date:
>
> publication date: 21
> date accessed: 3
> date copyrighted: 1 (from OCLC worldcat online)

Actually, date accessed has at least three more examples:
  umich
  ning
  Google

Thanks - I thought I'd counted those also, guess I forgot. :)

However, they use "retrieved" rather than accessed, although it is the
same meaning.

> I just added date-accessed to the working straw schema.

Great.

> Certainly all three are useful, but can we find more examples
> for the last two? I'd be more comfortable having a 'date
> copyrighted' field in the uf if there was more than one
> real-world example on the wiki.

What would be the right way to make the "retrieved" and "accessed"
labels as synonymous?

I don't fully understand the question? Do you mean to allow using
either as a class name?
I think just having one in the uf, and if necessary noting that they
mean the same thing, should be enough.

-mike

--
Michael McCracken