This is what Toby A Inkster <microformats-discuss@microformats.org> said
about "[uf-discuss] Rationale for providin" on 28 May 2008 at 8:49

> André Luís wrote:
>
> > What is the rationale for providing an hAtom feed on a page for
> > content that is also syndicated via a real Atom or RSS feed?
> >
> > Can someone provide me with a real use case?
>
> One idea that I've been playing with is removing a page's Atom feed,
> and replacing it with something like this:
>
>    <link rel="service.feed" type="application/atom+xml"
>        href="hatom2atom.php?uri=http://example.org/page.html";

That's exactly what I've been trying to do at http://sobac.com/pawha/ except
that I have in the
<head>:

<link rel="alternate"
href="http://lukearno.com/projects/hatom2atom/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsobac.com%2Fpawha%2F&ctype=appl
ication%2Fxml&tidy=yes" type="application/atom+xml" title="Park Avenue West
Homeowners
Association - News" />

(Thanx, Luke!)

I code the page by hand, so creating an extra Atom feed is onerous.  Much
better to have some
software do it for me.

I tried to use the hatom parser at http://tools.blogmatrix.com/extract but it
appears to be
404.  I got that link from the second example at
http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom#Implementations ; if anyone can confirm that
this is really
defunct I'll update the Wiki.

--Bob.