Don got what I was on about on population.  I was born when Stalin
died.  Thought the population then was 2 billion - it was 2.6 so not
yet tripled.  Britain is expected to have the biggest population in
the EU soon - mostly through immigration.  No poke Vam - I am appalled
you would think I would know what Facebook is!

We are fast approaching the time when the number of people will equal
the number of hectares of productive land.  The more radically
efficient economists would have us seek the cheapest food by
developing Brazil and so on.  I believe we have to see way beyond this
kind of economics,  My guess is fairly natural disasters will lead us
to new actions and thinking - we are too dumb for anything else.  We
had to gear up to massive wars to learn the last.  People have feeble
memories and have forgotten how cruel capitalism is when workers
exceed demand for them. One of the suggestions in the UK is some kind
of base benefit you can keep if you work (we surely have this all over
advanced countries through tax credits and 'Walmart part-timing')..
Pretty much as in the article Gruff posted a link to, we are now
conducting transactions that in-themselves are supposed to have
benefit when they could only be parasitic.  In a story I'm writing,
drug dealers become less concerned with drug networks as they realise
this market is mature and the new pickings are in prostitution using
the sons and daughters of their welfare sponsored pushers and their
clients.  The demand comes from bored bankers who are laundering the
illegal profits.  I'm afraid my view on economics has lapsed to this
on a wider scale.  It's a crime as we use it now.

On 30 July, 22:18, gruff <[email protected]> wrote:
> Correction:
>
> Mrs. Robinson = The Graduate (1967)

Reply via email to