No Molly - I should be doing something like that.

On 1 Aug, 16:14, Molly <[email protected]> wrote:
> No Netflix for you?
>
> On Aug 1, 8:56 am, archytas <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I quite like having the radio or television on when I'm working.  This
> > morning it was Test Match Special, but we trashed the Pakistanis in
> > short order, so I thought I'd have some mindless Startrek in the
> > background.- last night it was the brilliant Russian film 'Company
> > 9'.  Sadly, I have to hit the mute button to get rid of adverts and
> > the even worse promos.I'd like to be able to access services without
> > ads and promos and would pay.  "Economics" means I can't get what I
> > want.  I want to buy what products I need at fair prices - "economics"
> > makes this very difficult.  I suspect "economics" is a means of
> > denying us politics.
>
> > On 1 Aug, 13:45, archytas <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > I too know something on arming Allan - but what is the genral case?
>
> > > On 1 Aug, 07:53, iam deheretic <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > farming  hmmm know a little about it from crops irrigation,
> > > > fertilizing,plowing, crop rotation, land management, forest management.
> > > > growing mushrooms, composting, haying, dairying, cheese production.. 
> > > > but it
> > > > definitely is not enough my farm is paid off.
> > > > Allan
>
> > > > On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 2:20 AM, archytas <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > > > We have little real idea of whether capitalism has brought wealth
> > > > > beyond dreams.  What we have in economics generally is a wad of
> > > > > polemic and we generally read, ignore or never know much detail, or
> > > > > how to build theories from the ground up or scientific dreams.
> > > > > Take farming as an example.  Try writing down what you know about
> > > > > working land to produce food.  Not much I expect.
> > > > > How about organising the design and production of goods?
> > > > > What about what people really enjoy or might enjoy?
>
> > > > > I suspect the reality of capitalism for most people varies depending
> > > > > on where they live.  I can write a book and maybe make some money
> > > > > Others have never learned to write, but can sign up for months on a
> > > > > tuna boat.  I do virtually sod all in comparison, but get to eat his
> > > > > tuna. I know I would rather have lived differently and think none of
> > > > > this was ever necessary.  When capitalism can't use you it lets you
> > > > > starve or enter benefits limbo if you are lucky.
>
> > > > > I go back to Plato - he realises political systems are crap and writes
> > > > > a crapper one in his own interests.  Is there much difference between
> > > > > Greek leisured society and those well off now?
> > > > > If we bleat about a world fair for all, and do so without
> > > > > consideration of those who want to maintain crude, sexist religions
> > > > > and breed until war seems a good idea, what are we doing?  If we
> > > > > praise capitalism  but don't wonder about what a mess the world is
> > > > > still in, what are we doing?
>
> > > > > Economics is delta hedging intercourse with the penguin and being
> > > > > bothered about Chelsea Clinton's wedding.
>
> > > > > On 1 Aug, 00:09, rigsy03 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > > > > If it did try to represent middle class values it was a small 
> > > > > > sliver.
> > > > > > The middle class is most of American society and is hugely diverse.
> > > > > > Please refrain from "your"- as you already have noted you do not 
> > > > > > know
> > > > > > my "your".
>
> > > > > > On Jul 31, 8:40 am, gruff <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > That was my point in noting The Graduate as representing your 
> > > > > > > glowing
> > > > > > > middle-class values.
>
> > > > > > > On Jul 31, 5:11 am, rigsy03 <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > It was a strange film but true about "plastics"= the future. The
> > > > > > > > female characters were pathetic and farcical and Dustin was a 
> > > > > > > > dolt.
>
> > > > > > > > On Jul 30, 4:18 pm, gruff <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > > Correction:
>
> > > > > > > > > Mrs. Robinson = The Graduate (1967)- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> > > > --
> > > >  (
> > > >   )
> > > > I_D Allan
>
> > > > Be Paranoid.
> > > > God is always building a better idiot!!!- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -

Reply via email to