On Nov 13 13:09, Ozkan Sezer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Corinna Vinschen <vinsc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 13 12:17, Ozkan Sezer wrote:

> >> AFAIK, winternl.h doesn't expose SYSTEM_BASIC_INFORMATION details
> >> for the reserved fields.  Also see:
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724509%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
> >> Where did we retrieve those detail in the first place before even
> >> correcting them?  Of course there are user contributed stuff on
> >> social.msdn.com, like:
> >> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssdk/thread/2c1f05d0-b764-475d-8e84-83c2d8a81795/
> >> ... but how wise is it to include such things in our headers?
> >
> > As I wrote in my OP, I tested the stuff on 32 and 64 bit systems using
> > my very own, self-written testcase.  Given that SYSTEM_BASIC_INFORMATION
> > was already fully available in winternl.h,
>
> This ...
>
> >  and given that the only
> > change I made was to change the data types to match 64 bit, and given
> > that I tested the result for consistency, I don't quite see your point...
> >

> ... is my point: I don't have an objection againt your correction, I have
> an objection against its full form being present in the first place.

So you want to keep winternl.h as close to upstream as possible, thus
removing already available (and tested) definitions?  Personally I don't
think it makes a lot of sense to keep a "Reserved1" field intact, just
because it's not documented.  Nobody *has* to use the undocumented
fields, after all.

Anyway, that means the idea to move the (used and tested) definitions
from Cygwin to Mingw64 is moot.

Alternatively, what about having two definitions for each datatype?  One
of them the default, close to the MS definition, the other one if you
define __WINTERNL_ENABLE_UNDOCUMENTED.  This would also guard the
officially entirely undocumented datastructures.

Corinna