On 06/29/2011 08:56 AM, sven falempin wrote:
This is almost equivalent.
And that's probably the way I will do it.

But as comp, is separated from base, I'm saying that this minimal_base.tgz
would be useful.

as is shooting your own foot, in some very special circumstances.

Of course, only thinking about the talking around what to put in it, is
discouraging.

For example , i wouldn't put the package handling in it, nor apache.

ouch. We've provided the gun. You are providing the foot. You decide what to do with them.

What you are talking about here is building your own OS distribution, based on OpenBSD, but putting yourself completely on your own. You need to be able to find your own answers to these kinds of questions. We've said "don't do it". You need to figure out what that little slug of lead will do as it hits your foot. (hint: it's gonna hurt. But we said that already).

Nick.