On 2011-06-29, sven falempin <sven.falem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is almost equivalent.
> And that's probably the way I will do it.
>
> But as comp, is separated from base, I'm saying that this minimal_base.tgz
> would be useful.
> Of course, only thinking about the talking around what to put in it, is
> discouraging.
>
> For example , i wouldn't put the package handling in it, nor apache.

Different people are going to want different things. You want
to save 2MB by not including Apache and 500K by not including the
package tools. Other people might want to save a larger amount
by not including Heimdal and BIND.

Either just go with the choices made by the OS developers, or
roll your own.