On 06/01/12 19:18, Eric Furman wrote:
Looks like Nick and OBSD could use a Donation.
Anyone here in the community willing to step up
and donate a couple 3TB drives?
I would if I could so I understand if some people can't,
but I'm sure there are a few people out there.

I'm willing to step up.

Hopefully, between your post and mine, we can get people to look under their cushions for spare change. :)

I buy the CD sets and accessories like the rest of you, but honestly, it's been too long since I donated. Time to fix that situation.

I could swing another 3TB drive, which is about $200 CDN, but not a pair. It was going to be my spare for the RAID array, but hey, it's time to give something back.

My only question is whether the $200 for a 3TB drive is the best use of my donation. Is a big HDD actually useful to anyone? Would the money be better applied to something else that OpenBSD can use? It strikes me as rather pointless to order another drive, pay for shipping (even though it's only about $8), have it arrive and then ship it to someone else. (I'm sure my credit card company would be curious about why I'm buying something and having the goods shipped to a different address, possibly half-way around the world.)

Enough of my yapping. I'm not interested in debating what's the best idea. I'm sure Theo can figure that out. Time to put up, and shut up, so I'm outta here.

Order number 2012/6/1-19:42:43-30258:
Your order currently is:
->  CDN $200.00 [DON] DONATION to the OpenBSD Project
->  Total: CDN $200.00 + Shipping.

Danke,

--
Scott McEachern