> End hosts need to get smarter, instead of the network adapting to their
> stupidity. But I'm not holding my breath.

No, what you are really saying is that non-transient network traffic
(long lived TCP sessions) need to have the applications talking them
-- and obviously the protocols also -- modified, adding great
additional complexity, to sure that they can keep traffic moving when
the routing part of the protocol fails to do, uhm, ROUTING.

So, to make this clear with an example.

Basically to make IPv6 pseudo-"multihoming" work like IPv4
multihoming, ssh and sshd need to be modified that they can handle a
network break, and re-connect using another address.

(Yes, I know there are a few places where this can be solved, using
various tools now being discussed, which means the BIG GUYS can avoid
this problems, but the LITTLE PEOPLE can't).

Awesome.  Totally awesome.

Pushing additional complexity into applications is retarded.

The IETF is run by a bunch of idiots.