Le 2012-10-24 15:12, Jussi Peltola a écrit :
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 02:43:14PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
What you need to multihome is either BGP or NAT. Exactly as in IPv4.
Nothing has changed. The only new thing with IPv6 is that there's
more bits.

Oh? I have two internet connections plugged directly into my desktop box
at home, it is multihomed and there is no BGP or NAT. This does need
some policy routing to work with uRPF filtered access lines.

With IPv6 multihoming should work trivially: plug two access lines into
a switch, get RAs from both, get addresses from both on your end-host,
and your end-host needs to select the proper route for each source
address.

Source-based routing is arguably not multihoming, depending on your definition of multihoming. It's not new to IPv6 either.

Again, no NAT or BGP. Applications will need to support hosts
having multiple addresses in the future, and happy eyeballs seems to
have made browsers do that.

There is also a considerable advantage against "multihoming" where hosts
only have 1 address configured: if the application tries to use all
source addresses available,

Oh, that's the new thing you're proposing: happy eyeballs on source addresses. Interesting...

you can get to google even if one of your
access lines has no connectivity to them; with BGP multihoming you will
not,

If you can't trust the routes you receive over BGP, you're kinda screwed anyway.

Simon