As someone working for a 'Carrier'  vendor - I can tell you straight
up that LSN(Large Scale) or CGN(Carrier Grad) NAT are big sell points
(i.e customers are asking for them).

Personally out of the various RFC's and schemes i've had the
displeasure of perusing for V6 to V4 access NAT64 to me seems to the
be the least evil.

It is the ONLY solution which can easily remove the need for upstream
fiddling if the CPE implements it, i.e the bad stuff at least stays on
the edge of YOUR network. You effectively need the NAT64 module and a
DNS proxy sitting on the CPE - all the various other RFC's require
some level of ISP/Carrier interaction upstream to make things work; or
break in interesting strange ways for the user (not that I am saying
NAT64 is perfect).

I know which I would prefer to see widely adopted.

Also under the general guise of WHY you need NAT at all in IPV6
stacks... the ONE good argument is for easily setup Load Balancing.

-Joel

@aenertia
http://gplus.to/aenertia