Stuart Henderson wrote:
--On 23 November 2005 11:49 +0100, Stephan A. Rickauer wrote:

are there any device recommendations for usb Ethernet network
adapters supported by the drivers listed by 'apropos usb|grep -i
ether|grep -v Class' on 3.8? Searching the web for the chipsets
usually gives me Japanese, Taiwanese web sites or driver issues but
no concrete devices (= things I can touch) ...

There are plenty listed in the manpages. I think you'd be unlucky to buy a usb-ethernet that's not supported (and if you do, you could send it to a developer and buy something different..) HK-based vendors on Ebay are quite good for these.

ugen0 at uhub4 port 1
ugen0: ASIX Electronics AX88178, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2

I guess I _was_ unlucky. It's a Level one usb-0200.

--

 Stephan A. Rickauer

 Institut f|r Neuroinformatik
 Universitdt / ETH Z|rich