Is there any hope of OpenBSD running on IBM Power hardware (System P,
LPAR) in the future?

I've recently been working with this hardware and it’s pretty amazing.
I can't speak to its future market share but there seems to be a lot
of propaganda from IBM regarding “Linux on Power” which suggests to me
that IBM is trying to be more supportive of other operating systems
besides AIX on their hardware.

I've heard IBM contributes code to RHEL to make it work well on Power
hardware. Would a project like OpenBSD have any hope of being a solid
OS on that hardware without cooperation from IBM? I don't see any
Linux distros that do not have a relationship with IBM that run on
Power.