On 09.04.2014. 18:24, Fil Di Noto wrote:
Is there any hope of OpenBSD running on IBM Power hardware (System P,
LPAR) in the future?
OS on that hardware without cooperation from IBM? I don't see any
Linux distros that do not have a relationship with IBM that run on
Power.

Slackware Linux has an IBM port, although it has not been updated for several years now: http://www.slack390.org

I am not sure what are the differences between largest IBM machines (System Z, formerly known as System/390), and smaller systems such as System P. But I am sure that Slackware project certainly does not have a relationship with any company.

By the way, as you probably know, Slackware is the oldest surviving Linux distribution, and adversises as the most "UNIX-like" among Linuxes. Also, its /etc layout is of BSD type, not System V like in other Linux distribution. The overall "look and feel" after instalation is similar to OpenBSD. Even the BSD games packages, with fortune program enabled by default is there. :)