Nick Holland wrote:
There's a lot of reasons developers can be interested in particular hardware
The P series are perfectly good systems for AIX, Linux, and i Series OS (OS400).
They would also be fine for OpenBSD if there were any call for that, but in the
IBM community,
the open-source *nix niche was filled in the 1999 by IBM mutineers creating a
Linux port. The
technology spread from the 390 to the AS400 and the P series (which latter
subsumed the AS400).
All attempts to revisit the issue of *nix-on-IBM-big-iron have been
spectacularly unsuccessful at gaining
adherents, e.g., the excellent SOL390 (Open Solaris for mainframes) port was
born only to die a lonely death.

--
Jack Woehr               # "We commonly say we have no time when,
Box 51, Golden CO 80402  #  of course, we have all that there is."