On 14.04.2014. 04:53, Nick Holland wrote:

um. Linux kernel 2.4?  Are you kidding me?  dead dead dead.

I said the port was old and had not been maintained for a long time. :)
In any case, if one wants the current Slackware on System Z, I am sure this old version could be used as a starting point for compiling it.

I would very much like to play with IBM mainframes, but as I know, the last one here at Belgrade University was dismantled some 16 or 17 years ago. It was a System 370, given by IBM for free back in the times of old Yugoslavia. The room it occupied has been since turned into classroom, and only its air condition system remained. They also kept a fancy black cube-shaped IBM vacuum cleaner. :)