> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Matti Karnaattu <mkarnaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to dedicate CPU core to process?

This thread may or may not be useful to read over:
http://marc.info/?t=135882888900002&r=1&w=1

> What I'm looking for is simple way to take advantage of high quality and
> secure code base of OpenBSD to use in real time/embedded applications.
> If this trick can be achived, it is simple to use OpenBSD as platform
> when critical parts of software can run on own CPU core and rest of the
> software can developed conventional means.

"real time/embedded" is pretty broad. I would encourage you to create a test
setup to see how things work for you. Also if you were to provide more
specifics about your goals, others may have more input.

to me embedded means resource (memory/disk) constrained for which I feel like
OpenBSD is quite well suited.

On the other for hard/soft hard real-time I might look elsewhere.

> If this can be done, or this kind of feature may be noted and put to
> roadmap, I may have motivations to audit time requirements of library
> functions etc. and formally verify parts of the system.

I would be very interested in any effort to formally verify parts of the
system. Can you give more details about what tools/techniques you have in mind?