(apologies for the html.)

2014/12/02 9:52 "Dmitrij D. Czarkoff" <czark...@gmail.com>:

> Joel Rees said:
> > Now, what would you do with this?
> >
> > ジョエル
> >
> > Why not decompose it to the following?
> >
> > ジョエル
>
> Because it is not what Unicode normalization is.

Well, it definitely isn't Unicode normalization. And there is a reason, it
isn't, even though there were many who thought the Unicode standard
shouldn't include code points for wide form glyphs.

Let's try one more. I think you have said enough that I can infer that your
preferred normal form is the decomposit form. So, given that your
normalization has resulted in a file named

シ゛ョエルの歌

and the necessity to send it back where it came from, how do you know
whether or not it should be restored to

ジョエルの歌

before you send it back?

--