On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 02:52:28PM -0500, trondd wrote:
> And what do you think your user agent is when you connect through
> those other gateways?  ipchicken.com should tell you.

I'm aware what my user agent is. However, I started to wonder whether my
user agent string might confuse Facebook.

Some time before Christmas I updated -current on my laptop. From that
moment on I could no longer tag people in comments. The main reason I
suspected this had to caused by some bug in OpenBSD, was that tagging
kept on working on my main workstation also running -current.

Being somewhat dependent on being able to tag people on Facebook, I
waited as long as I could before updating -current on my workstation.
Finally I had to do an update and from that moment on, tagging no longer
worked. (In the meanwhile, I also had to replace the harddrive on my
laptop and did a fresh install of -current. Still no success.)

Since yesterday I've tried installing -current, then 5.6 and finally
5.5, on another workstation. I've also tried different network
connections and disabling PF. And I've tried Chrome, Seamonkey and
xombrero. Tagging in Facebook comments simply doesn't work in any
browser on any OpenBSD computer I have, but works fine on any Windows
computer.

I know this is "silly", and I feel stupid, but this is important to me
and I welcome ANY advice.

(Not using Facebook is not such an advice. My daily work is related to
and dependent on Facebook. And no – I'm not getting paid to post
pictures of kittens. ; )

> This might have to do with which Facebook CDN node you might be
> hitting and DNS caching.

Sounds plausible except for the fact that everything works fine from
Windows computers within the same environment.

Erling