On 09/12/15 05:25, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
Audio didn't properly recover after missed interrupts (which
happens on MP systems). The new audio driver (in 5.8 and -current)
is supposed to recover, at least with your hardware.
I'd suggest trying -current; there's a new audio driver and many
audio-related fixes. Furthermore we're not interested in debugging
the old code that we already deleted :)

Thanks, good to know.  I think I'm better suited for "-stable"
than for "-current", currently.   So I might wait for 5.8's release
then upgrade, or I'd have to figure out if it's a supported
configuration to be on -current now then switch back to -stable
just when 5.8 is released.

But is there an easy way to force my audio in 5.7 to stay on a
single core or such, if that would help in the meantime? Or
any good way to "reset" it at any time, short of rebooting?

I'm guessing not on both questions, just confirming...

Thanks again,
-Luke