On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 11:27:19AM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 04:04:29AM -0400, Rupert Gallagher wrote:
>
> > > The default setup and autoallocation fits development use, for that
> > /usr shoud be modifiable.
> >
> > It can be remounted rw in that case. No need to keep it rw by default with
> > src and obj inside. The unix standard ro is more secure.
> >
> > > If the default sizes do not fit you, you can modify them interactively
> > after auto allocation using the R command or by using an alternate
> > auto allocation table.
> >
> > I do not want the installer to fall back to the shell. I need a custom A
> > option.
>
> The installer *asks* if you weant to modify the auto-allocated one. NO
> need to fall back to shell. Also using an alternate table is possible.
> If you do not want to learn about the tools available, that's your
> problem.
>
>       -Otto

I'll explain it differently.

As developers we have the (earned) privilege to come up with the
default behaviour of the installer. That's a compromise already, but
geared towards a development system. We realize the defaults are not
suitable for everyone. So we've added mechanisms to adapt the default
behaviour of the installer.

But if you come here to bitch about default behaviour and you show you
didn't study the mechanisms to change it, what can we do?

        -Otto