On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 06:01:52PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
[...]
> I use Openbox with program instantiation via dmenu. Now here's the
> thing: dmenu is written in pure X: No qt, no gtk, no xforms. Dmenu
> does its job perfectly, so quickly that instantiation from hotkey is
> imperceptable, as is menu changes in response to keystrokes.

I did not know about dmenu, will have a look when spare time comes,
thank you for a hint.

[...]
> If Wayland is now reliable and safe enough to use in OpenBSD, fine,
> include it. But those who call for X11's removal are just asking for
> trouble like the 2012-2015 systemd wars that plagued Linux and which
> OpenBSD avoided.

This new daemon was exactly the reason I subscribed to this list (and
few others, to sniff on alternatives), even though various events kept me
from installing OBSD (or anything else) so far.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola

** Tomasz Rola          mailto:tomasz_r...@bigfoot.com             **