On Mon, 8 Jul 2019, Steve Litt wrote:

It's one thing to support an alternative: Quite another to call
for the death of the original.

Unfortunately it is not an alternative as I wrote before.

X11 is among other things a standard. If wayland imposes itself,
we will have soon programs for X and programs for wayland. A chaos.

For many advanced purposes other than desktop, wayland is not enough:
X11 will not die as also RS-232 is not death. Also because it will be
difficult to port every X11 program.

A linux distribution may have wayland as default, perhaps soon
all linux distributions. Should all operating systems follow
as zelous wayland propagandists want?

Well, today we want to see any open source and not only open source
program in any free, general purpose Operating System. This is the
reason why we can move from one *BSD to other or to a linux
distribution or to Solaris. Obviously no such OS want to be fully
autonome, the exeption is for example Plan9, and you see the price.

Rodrigo