On 2020-08-24 15:24, Luke A. Call wrote:
What would it take for me to run more than one simultanous X session, each
as a different user? -- I tried once a few years ago, searching, reading
man pages, and chasing error messages, and failed at the time.
Is it known whether it is reasonably possible with the current code?

(This is so I can take advantage of the privilege separation
provided by the OS, while doing different activities and programs
programs with different informal trust levels, as separate
users, but without the cpu overhead of using "ssh -[X|Y] ...".  This was
my normal practice in my Debian days, switching among them with
Ctrl-Alt-FN.)
Either way, thanks much for any info.

Luke Call

I don't know if it's possible to do exactly what you want, but as an alternative, maybe you could get a similar effect using Xnest or vnc.

--
James