And on 8-24 16:01:43, James Cook wrote: <falsif...@falsifian.org>
> I don't know if it's possible to do exactly what you want, but as an
>
> alternative, maybe you could get a similar effect using Xnest or vnc.

Thanks to both for those suggestions.  I've used vnc, and looked only
briefly at Xnest and Xephr,
but it seems they mean having code running as both users at the same time,
in one X session, in other words, one user running X, and another
running apps inside that same X+plus+stuff).

Rather, I'm looking for a full separation between the users,
nothing shared but the obsd kernel and hardware, and no more overhead for
each one than X normally has, since each user is just running
flat normal X, but fully and independently of the other X user.  Am I
mistaken in how I understand Xnest and Xephyr?

(This is not in any way a complaint or criticism, just a question.
I like obsd for considered reasons. :)

Thanks again,
Luke Call