> Rather, I'm looking for a full separation between the users,
> nothing shared but the obsd kernel and hardware, and no more overhead for
> each one than X normally has, since each user is just running
> flat normal X, but fully and independently of the other X user.  Am I
> mistaken in how I understand Xnest and Xephyr?

It's possible to run multiple X servers. As far as I know all you would
have to do is add another line to /etc/X11/xenodm/Xservers and edit
/etc/ttys to not launch a tty on the console window you selected.

Altough you don't really need multiple X servers for privilege
separation. ssh and vnc open an untrusted connection to the X server,
which you can do manually with xauth.

I managed to get Firefox running as an untrusted client with the
following snippet in /etc/X11/xenodm/Xsetup_0:

user=_firefox
auth=/home/$user/.Xauthority
umask 077
xauth -f $auth generate :0 . untrusted timeout 0
chown $user:$user $auth
chmod 0600 $auth

And then starting it as the unprivileged _firefox user.