Stuart Henderson <stu.li...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> We don't have resources to maintain security fixes for EoL'd PHP
> versions beyond what PHP themselves provide

Ok, got it.

> > Worrysome this stuff from my side.. I personally have "tons" of
> > webapps to mantain and there is not a "Docker solution". Is it
> > plausible to come to arrange a "sustainable solution" by the ports,
> > chroot or whatever?
>
> This is how the web development stack you have chosen works. There are
> others which have better backwards compatibility than PHP.

Let's say like OpenBSD like a PHP dev environment doesn't come
in handy at time. Try to think if for any reason sysupgrade upgrade
my php system version, they days after I will have no launch for a
while. It is not acceptable..

Indeed, although the bad devs working on it, it is a pleasure to use
OpenBSD and I will find out an alternative solution offline or
more reasonable online..

-- Daniele Bonini
‎‎