Am 15.02.23 10:41 schrieb Crystal Kolipe:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 02:10:17PM +0100, Michael Hekeler wrote:
> > It is pointless to send to the list and in adddition to individuals.
>
> If you don't want to receive individual replies to list mail, then consider
> setting the

> header in your mail client.

Thank you very much - I didn't know that before.

> Some subscribers to the lists _do_ prefer to be cc'ed on threads that they are
> involved in for various reasons, and although setting this header is not a
> guarantee that your preference will be respected, it increases the chances of
> it and also that other posters to that particular thread will be maintained in
> the CC list as per their preference.

Oh - I didn't know this too.
I always do <list-reply> on a mailinglist so that the reply will go to
the list only. I always thought that some subscribers here cc'ed the
original sender accidentally. But if some subcribers prefer it to be
cc'ed then this makes sense now. Thanks for the clarification :)