> You can have multiple vm's with old versions.
> E.g. you can keep an openbsd 60 vm with PHP 5.5.37.

Reasoning about it.

I need to start saying..in respect of all who is reading..as many of you could
work with OpenBSD and vms.

I already passed from that kind of environment and three problems pop up:
1) security: unfort. it seems far more easy to kill a virtual machine than .c
2) complexity
3) portability: although with appropriate "glue records" system become
     rendondant, resource usage overkilling, etc..

The only true positive thing is I see I can do backups by a copy and past of vm
files but to an HD, in the true sense.

Is it something acceptable? Well some of you by guess can reply yes, we do it.
I personally endorsed the portability of OpenBSD and I'm stuck on that.

To eventually appear more..pointless in respect to my OpenBSD system:
a) we actually can't boot a vm by bios
b) hosting providers offer this online, with many virtual facilities
c) containers screw up any system delivery with easie: copy and past of
docker-compose.yml and
    what I need is up and running in sec: all my infrastructure plus PHP[N]
that I choose

Let's enrich all these matters that appear enough interesting..

Further more and..sorry for this one: are we all going to be on Internet with
our own dev environments? hehe..
Now, yess, you can kill me..