On 2023-03-10, Tom Smyth <tom.sm...@wirelessconnect.eu> wrote:
> I think I  understand better. Now .. but is there still a security
> benefit from having the different services in their own jails  ?
> (even if the jail cells come with their own metaphorical  swimming
> pool and armoury )
>

> or is it that the jails don’t offer enough compared with  the
> additional workload of managing multiple copies  of libraries/binaries
> in the system... ?

You'll have to decide for yourself, personally the extra faff would put
me off keeping it up to date. And even if it's not insecure as such, if
the instance is public then the CGI is an easy way someone can cause a
server to get bogged down with load so you might want to avoid it from
that perspective. (The static generated pages might be a better idea for
a more public instance, though if you have many graphs it'll take a long
time to run the cronjob..)