On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 10:03:01PM +0300, Samuel Jayden wrote:
> Hello misc,
>
> After experiencing mbim attach (from umsm) issue[*] with EM7455, I
> purchased another LTE module with a different   (SIM8262E-M2) chipset. This
> time switching to mbim mode was no problem.
> However, this time it remains as "SIM not initialized". But when you
> install Linux on the same device, it can successfully obtain an IP address
> and access the internet.

This is the important bit in your logs:

> SIM not initialized PIN required

Try setting the SIM card's PIN with 'ifconfig umb0 pin xxxx'.

On my laptop I have this in /etc/hostname.umb0 (with the correct
pin instead of 0000 and the correct APN):

pin 0000
apn myapn
roaming
down

With this in place running 'ifconfig umb0 up' is enough to get link.