On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 10:54:20AM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> In general I would recommend using a readymade "LTE router" if possible.
> My track record with 3G/LTE devices on OpenBSD is getting about 20% of the
> devices that I've tried to actually work...

Agreed.  An LTE router is a better choice - when it works, it works well.

However even the router route is not guaranteed to be pain free.

A recent firmware update to some 4G LTE routers that we use exclusively in
bridge mode on OpenBSD hosts for backup connectivity has badly broken their
functionality.

Unfortunately since we don't have the full source code to the router firmware,
debugging the issue and finding a full solution is a tedious on-going process.