On 4/4/06, Daniel Ouellet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Let say that you have a GNU project and that you need to keep full
> compatibility with the system calls, in/out, same function names and in
> some cases structure, but the way the process is done is different.
>
> At what point is it correct and possible to ripe a GNU file and replace
> it with a BSD file if possible.
>
> Can that be done?
>
> What about if a file only have include files left in it, but is still
> under a GNU license. I guess it can't be replace right?

if there is code in the header file, it can be copyrighted.  however,
i don't believe interfaces for the most part can be.

if you want to play it safe:
find a partner.  write down "there is a function called foo taking 2
int arguments.  there is a struct called bar with fields a, b and c."
slide paper across desk to partner; tell him to start typing.