On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:44:34PM -0500, Polkan Garcia wrote:

> The original idea is, the mail sent to openbsd server is checked by
> spamd and next is sent to sendmail to process it. Now, send messages to
> openbsd's box and works fine (using spamdb output) but does not
> delivered to sendmail (none showing in maillog)

  keep in mind that spamd never acts as an intermediary for the mail
  transaction.  if traffic is redirected to spamd, it talks to spamd
  forever.  if you use greylisting and something ascends through greylisting,
  spamd puts the IP into the <spamd-white> table so that those hosts
  will *not* be redirected to spamd in pf ( by virtue of the host
  existing in '<spamd>' == false, and the host being not listed in
'<spamd-white>'
  also being == false (because it *is* in spamd-white if it made it through
  greylisting)) and thus can fall through to the MTA as allowed by
  the rest of the pf ruleset

> I have only one NIC (em0) and this is my pf rules:
>
> table <spamd>           persist
> table <spamd-white>     persist
> rdr pass on !lo0 proto tcp from <spamd> to !lo0 port smtp -> lo0 port
> spamd
> rdr pass on !lo0 proto tcp from !<spamd-white> to !lo0 port smtp -> lo0
> port spamd
>
> You have any idea?

  if the above suggestion is not your problem, maybe you forgot to
  pass '-g' to spamd?

  eg: you have 'spamd_grey=YES' in /etc/rc.conf.local but have since
  restarted spamd commandline with only the parameters in 'spamd_flags='
  which didn't have '-g' in them because you saw 'spamd_grey=YES'
  and didn't remember that all that does is cause /etc/rc to tack on
  the '-g' after 'spamd_flags' and doesn't automatically just make
  greylisting _happen_ ?

  not like that is anything i have ever personally had happen to me...

  :/

  if that's not it, i guess add '-v' to spamd, make a /var/log/spamd
  file, add:

---
!!spamd
*.*                                             /var/log/spamd
!*
---

  to /etc/syslog.conf; hup syslogd, and see if you get anything
  else from the spamd log ( given that you mention nothing in
  maillog )

--

  jared

[ openbsd 3.9-current GENERIC ( may  1 ) // i386 ]