James,

On 16/09/2006, at 8:32 AM, dilbert wrote:

My question is simple- I'm a relative newbie at BSD so please bear with me. I'm trying to launch the internet; so I open a terminal and go "percent sign
'Internet'" at the prompt

ie: >%internet

and it doesn't work. What gives??!!

It appears from my end that you are trying to use the internets in "big truck" mode. Please remember, the internets "big truck" mode has been deprecated. You should now be using the internets in "series of tubes" mode.

Your leaf node is currently blocking the internets. As a result, my internets are currently blocked also. Did you remember to prime the percent commands with the appropriate tilde-hash-bang flush commands first? To force the blockage out? /usr/bin/plunger and /dev/caustic- soda might be able to help you also.

Please ">%man afterboot" before doing anything else.

You are probably also blocking the OpenBSD developers internets, in which case they will not be able to perform CVS commits. Please hurry, as this may push back the release date of OpenBSD 4.0! I hope this DoS vulnerability will be addressed in OpenBSD 4.0.

We users are counting on you James. You are our only hope.

Shane J Pearson