Abraham Rolick wrote:
> I do apologize in advance if this is not appropriate discussion for this
> list, but I've been having problems with my PS3 sitting behind my
> OpenBSD 4.0 machine with pf using nat.
>
> Until I do some more "reverse engineering" (in a sense) on how this
> retarded PS3 actually works on a network, I won't bother asking any
> technical questions about why something may or may not be working.
>
> Rather, my question is, have any of you successfully configured pf to
> allow your PS3 to join hosted games more than 0.1 percent of the time?
> If you feel this is unfit for discussion on misc@, feel free to just
> email me directly.  Thanks!

The key in getting it to work is "UPNP", thus something like:

http://upnp.sourceforge.net/
http://linux-igd.sourceforge.net/

Most 'normal' NAT's nowadays support it, most Windows boxes use it etc,
thus most homes have it and it enables the opening of ports on the NAT
box so that they get forwarded to the internal box that requests it

See amongst others:
http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&mes
sage.id=18300

As most parts of the world can't even get PS3's: enjoy it ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]