Anyone know the maximum packets per second that can traverse a 100MB
internet link. From what I've been able to gather its about 8300 or so? Is
this number accurate? Do connections just start to timeout once I hit this
limit? I'm a little worried about this because we are fast approaching this
mark and am afraid were gonna hit it before we max out are available
bandwidth? Anyone ever run into this situation or am I just paranoid?

Packets per second are a capability limitation of the equipment
interfaces responsible for passing the traffic and don't directly
relate to the link speed. It's also highly dependent on the size of
the packets being passed by  the interface. It's dependent on many
several factors, actually.

You hit a pps limit and you'll see packets drop; the interface simply
can't keep up with the throughput.

DS