Along with Godwin's law, there must be some rule of flame fests that people forget
how it started or fail to note when they make ridiculous statements.

Example, how it started.  Some recent comments:

RMS made statements first.  RMS will pay for his lies.

Nobody here asked for or WANTS his endorsement. He started the
thread.

Again, Richard made foul and faulty comments about OpenBSD first.
Richard then came to the OpenBSD mailing lists looking for a fight.

The flame fest began with this thread:

http://marc.info/?t=119725688900001&r=1&w=2

and specifically this message:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119725673616073&w=2

Mr. Stallman did not join in until 13 hours later, when he posted this message
starting the current thread:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=119730630513821&w=2

Example, whether OpenBSD gives a shit.  Some recent comments:

Nobody here asked for or WANTS his endorsement. He started the
thread. We could give a shit about what he thinks. Now it's just

I highly doubt that many OpenBSD developers or users care whether or not RMS endorses OpenBSD. I know I don't.

OpenBSD does not, pardon the french, give a shit about RMS' "seal of approval".

These statements disprove themselves -- if OpenBSD really didn't care, no one would be
posting such impassioned messages claiming no one cares.

It's said when the following is one of the more intelligent messages seen on misc the
past couple days:

Dearest Partner,

I am Mrs.Rose gomo, From Abidjan Cote'd'ivoire West Africa. I am a widow being that I lost my husband a couple of years ago. please can u help me invest in your country like Real Estate and Industrial Production??

I need an urgent answer please.

Mrs.Rose .

- Mrs Rose