On 12/15/07, Gregg Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> An advantage of the term "covenanted software" is that it is not
> likely to be construed as necessarily a negative term, and hence might
> be acceptable to RMS et al.  A related but  less charitable term:
> cultic.  Others: the GPL Compact; communitarian.  Etc.  Anything would
> be preferable to "free".

Something a little more fun and vivid just occurred to me for GPL,
which contrasts more cleanly with "laissez-faire":

   "l'itat, c'est moi" software

   "Louis XIV" (quatorze) software   (or:  Gnuouis XIV, "gnoowee quatorze"?)

Since, like the Sun King, the FSF, absolute monarch, thinks everything
should revolve around it, like planets around the sun.  ;)

-g