2008/2/8, Karl Karlsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2008/2/8, Eduardo Alvarenga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > A long time ago a asked the developers to implement nsswitch
> > compatibility on OpenBSD, for sake of having user automatic
> > syncronization on AD. The answer was not positive.
> >
> > There is also a patch that implements this hanging around. Got to ask
> > Google :-)
> >
> > Maybe it's time for OpenBSD to become more competitive and introduce
> > industry standards on its userland.
> >

> > Little OT but anyway, what do you exactly mean with "industry standards"?
> As far as i can see PAM is making its way through on more and more different
> UNIX systems. If PAM is "industry standard" one should stay as far away from
> standards as possible.

nsswitch - System Databases and Name Service Switch
PAM - Pluggable Authentication Modules

Forgive me if I misunderstood your reply, but PAM has NOTHING to do
with nsswitch.

When I say "industry standards" I mean the methods to obtain something
and not a specific way to do it.

OpenBSD products like SSH, NTPD, BGPD, OSPFD, etc follow industry standards.

Maybe it's time to interconnect user databases with other systems, and
one possible way is to implement nsswitch-like compatibility.

--
Eduardo Alvarenga