* Ryan McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-07-19 10:16]:
> The bigger problem with DDoS attacks is that the upstream pipe is filled
> up with traffic

that was true in the 90s, and maybe the first half of this decade, but
really isn't any more. Most server installs I have worked with have
the "pipe" limit at 100 MBit/s at their lan port. A DoS with 5 MBit/s
can be very effective.

> Also, it would help if all ISP's implemented proper egress filtering to
> prevent spoofing.

!!!

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de