* Parvinder Bhasin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-07-19 23:12]:
> Perhaps I didn't make it clear..maybe but yeah..I totally know that
> there are PAY solutions, like I mentioned that I know of many devices
> that can achieve this.  I have done research on these devices and was
> thinking maybe something ( open source - openbsd baseddevice?? maybe)
> can be made to prevent this attack

yes, sure. I have used OpenBSD to fight various forms of (D)DoS
multiple times.
How?
Different each and every time.
It depends on the form of the attack.

These "plug that in and you don't have DDoS" devices cannot work.
There are some that do clever things to detect anomalies and help you
fighting back. Some are even OpenBSD based. Just fiighting abck
doesn't require these usually, but an experienced and clueful person.
That you still need even with these kind of devices.

But there is no "plug and play" "solution", in any way.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de