Kendall Shaw schrieb:

> If I were able to upgrade the bios, I don't know how I will actually install
> openbsd on the disk.  Aside from transfering files using Xmodem, what is the
> procedure for actually installing an image onto the CF card?

I have tried two methods for installing OpenBSD, and haven't decided yet
which one of the two I like better.

First, there's Flashdist from http://www.nmedia.net/flashdist/ which is
well optimized for flash enviroments and is installed by writing out an
image to a CF card. This has a somewhat bullet-proof appearance, but
it's not simple to customize.

Second, I have recently received a shipment of Microdrives, allowing for
a regular install that doesn't need to be optimized for read-only
operation. The PXE environment needs to be set up as described in
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#PXE and the "bsd.rd" kernel needs
to be booted for installation. This has the big advantage that it works
just like any OpenBSD installer.

Kind regards,

-martin

--