Vladimir Kirillov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 12:55 Sun 21 Sep, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> /etc/boot.conf:
>> set tty com0
>> stty com0 38400
>
> I think it's better to set com speed _before_ setting com0 as tty, it
> can start throwing garbage into console, as it was spectated on soekris
> net4801:
>
> stty com0 38400
> set tty com0

If I set the speed before setting com0 as tty, I don't get garbage on
the serial console but I don't get the boot> prompt.

If I set com0 as tty before setting the speed, I get a bit of garbage
but I also get the boot> prompt.

I higly prefer the latter. But what I see on my console is maybe
because I didn't read enough manual material.

A+
-AJ