Le Sun, 21 Sep 2008 00:51:23 +0000 (UTC)
Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a pris sa plume:

> On 2008-09-20, Kendall Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I got an alix2c2 which I'm hoping to install openbsd on. Is there
> > a way to upgrade it's bios and install openbsd on it from openbsd?
>
> someone mentioned working on it, but nothing further..

i'v got and alix 2b2 and that's work easily
just install openbsd with the compact flash reader with the CF attach to your
pc as u install openbsd normaly
but choose the disk u see on the CF reader.
then modify the installation, three files to change:

/etc/boot.conf:
set tty com0
stty com0 38400
set timeout 5

/etc/ttys like that:
tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"  vt100   on  secure

and /etc/fstab
/dev/wd0a / ffs rw,softdep 1 1
/dev/wd0d /var ffs rw,softdep,nodev,nosuid 1 2

cause when u install on the card reader and when u put it on the alix, the
openbsd
doesn't see the disk as the same mount point.
just put the CF in the alix and that is working.
for the bios try again with documentation on pc engines (u need a CF for that)
thanks again to pascal that give me a chance to have an alix to test openbsd on
it